I’m a versatile editor and writer with years of experience in fiction and nonfiction manuscripts. While fiction is my specialty, I enjoy pushing up my sleeves and working with many genres and formats. I’ve helped authors with a wide range of projects, including:
- Query letters
- Middle grade and young adult manuscripts
- Memoir and historical manuscripts
- Academic papers
- Résumés and CVs
- Social media posts
- Personal essays
As a writing tutor for over five years and a university-level writing instructor, I cultivated skills to help writers at every stage of writing, from brainstorming to outlining, organizing to editing. Whether you need feedback on your work or just need to get started, I have the training and experience to help! I’d love to hear about your project.
I can offer feedback on big-picture concepts such as character arcs, flow, and consistency, as well as a keen eye for details such as grammar and formatting. As an author, SCBWI member, and an attendee of many publishing industry conferences, I can also offer insights into the publishing process and introduce you to many great resources.
- Developmental editing
- Detailed feedback on your work that includes notes on big-picture elements of your story such as plot structure, character development, and reader engagement.
- Line-by-line review of content, flow, and grammar
- A review of grammar and a check for typos
- Beta reading
- A critical read of your work to give you feedback on the work as a whole, a professional reader’s impression of your story
- Promotional copywriting
- Book cover copy, social media post development, promotional brainstorming
- Manuscript formatting
- Polishing your manuscript to industry standards for a final shine before you send it out for submissions
- Master’s Degree in English
- intensive study on the writing craft at the University of Oxford
- Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature
- Member of the Society for Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI)
- 5+ years experience in editing fiction and nonfiction editing
- 5+ years experience in teaching and tutoring writing
For details and rates, please contact me at ariane.peveto[at]gmail.com.